Monday, December 1, 2014

Firenze (Florence) and Fiesole

I completed my tour of the four Italian cities I had planned to see on this trip by visiting Florence on Saturday. Florence and Fiesole (the little Tuscan town eight kilometers to the northeast of Florence) are beautiful and I am really hoping my future grad school plans bring me the opportunity to study here one day! 
The Duomo from Piazzale Michelangelo 

Tuscan hillside

Another view from Piazzale Michelangelo 

Not the REAL David, but close! 



San Lorenzo 

San Lorenzo Courtyard

Il Duomo- Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore

So grand 

Duomo ceiling 


Duomo doors 


San Marco 

Fiesole 

Fiesole 

Santa Maria Novella 

Santa Maria Novella Square 

My Italy ring! This was given to me in Fiesole by the artist who created it- such a fun souvenir from my time here 

Firenze has such rich history! 


No comments:

Post a Comment